- Al Jones, the founder of Angilo's Pizza, worked at a Cincinnati bakery
as a young man. He decided to go into business for himself and opened
the first Angilo's Pizza in 1958. This first Angilo's, on Jefferson Avenue
in Reading, is still in business today. Al did all of his baking in the back
of the restaurant. He developed his own recipes for the bread, pizza crust,
and sauce, and we continue to use those same recipes today.
- Within two years, Angilo’s had opened two additional locations in Loveland
and Mt. Healthy. People loved Al’s pizzas and hoagies to much, they wanted
to own their own Angilo’s.
- In 1968, Al needed to move the bakery to a bigger commissary-type
location in Reading, Ohio, since he was delivering supplies to nearly
40 Angilo’s by that time! Angilo’s operated from this location until
2004, when the company moved to an even larger location at 607
Shepherd Drive in Cincinnati.